Software is changing the very nature of the automobile, creating demand for a new style of leadership – executives who are grounded in the traditional auto industry and excited by the emerging world of alternative energy vehicles.
Marques McCammon is the embodiment of this fresh leadership. He combines nearly 25 years of auto industry general management, product development, manufacturing, brand leadership and marketing experience with intimate knowledge of software-based automotive product advancement.
After graduating from North Carolina A&T State University (BS in Mechanical Engineering) and University of Michigan (Master’s in Mechanical Engineering), he began building a resume that includes recognition by Crain’s Detroit Business as one of 40 young executives making an impact in the Motor City, as well as the following:
- Creating the Dodge SRT-4, crafting the blueprint for Chrysler’s SRT moniker and designing the first modern 4-door convertible (the ASC Helios)
- General Manager of the Car & Truck Division for Saleen Performance Vehicles
- General Manager of West Coast Operations for ASC (American Specialty Cars)
- Chief Marketing Officer for Aptera Motors
- General Manager/Vice President for Wind River
At Intel subsidiary Wind River, McCammon was responsible for automotive software products, here he oversaw development of the division’s corporate business plans, led business and strategy development for auto-related merger and acquisition activity and directed a global team, including product and program management, engineering and marketing architecture. All of this previous work led to McCammon being named President of Ricardo in October 2019.